Welcome to the home of PE and Sport at Helmdon
We are delighted to announce that for the 3rd consecutive year, we have achieved the School Games GOLD Mark Award for the 2017/18 academic year. The School Games Mark is a Government led award scheme launched in 2012, facilitated by the Youth Sport Trust to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community, and we are delighted to have been recognised for our success.
Our sporting achievements this year include:
- being runners up in the Level 2 Brackley Schools Y5/6 High-5 Netball Festival
- winning the Level 2 Brackley Schools Y3/4 Swimming Gala
- winning the Level 2 Brackley Schools Y3/4 Quicksticks Hockey Festival
- winning the subsequent Northants and Daventry District Y3/4 Quicksticks Hockey Festival
- winning Bronze medals in the Level 3 Northamptonshire County School Games Y3/4 Quicksticks Hockey Finals!
We are proud that 100% of our pupils have taken part in several sports competitions within school throughout the year and an impressive 100 pupils from years 1-6 (91%) have competed against children from other local schools in sports festivals.
Our aim is for everyone to enjoy being active or doing sport:
- to inspire a life habit;
- to build confidence;
- to improve health & wellbeing.
Click on the links below to find information about what we are doing to achieve our vision.
New Netball Coach in School
We are delighted to welcome Level 2 netball coach Vicky England into school this term. She will be coming in very week until Easter to coach years 4,5 and 6 during PE lessons. The children had a great afternoon and we look forward to the coming weeks and them enjoying more of the great sessions.
Billy's Warrior Workout
Local Personal Trainer, Billy Shepherd, was in school on Friday 17th November, giving all children in KS2 a taster session for his new Warrior Workout after-school club which will be running on Wednesdays. The children had great fun challenging themselves in the mud - ask at the office if your child is interested in attending this club.